Subscriptions are packages that can be bought by learners to get enrolled in paid courses, that are included in the subscription, either for free or for a discounted fee. Before going into the steps of how to setup a subscription, it is important to understand the types of subscriptions first.
There are four types of subscriptions available.
- Limited Access: this subscription provides access to a predefined number of courses for a specified time period.
- Limited-time access to all courses: this subscription is a one-time payment for all courses for a specified period of time.
- Lifetime access to a limited number of courses: this subscription provides lifetime access to a predefined number of courses.
- Lifetime access (All courses): this subscription is a one-time payment that provides access to all courses permanently.
How to set up subscriptions:
- Login to the Edly panel and navigate to E-Commerce:
- On E-Commerce, navigate to Subscription & Bundles:
- On the Subscriptions page, click on the Create a new plan button.
Fill in the following details:
- Plan title: the title of the subscription/plan
- Plan description: the description notes of the subscription plan.
- Subscription Plan type: Choose either of the following according to your requirements:
- Limited Access
- Limited time access to all courses
- Lifetime access to a limited number of courses
- Lifetime access (All courses)
- Set the Subscription Duration Unit to either days, months, or years.
- Set the Subscription Duration Value according to the duration unit.
- If you selected Lifetime access to a limited number of courses or Lifetime Access, then Subscription Duration Unit and Subscription Duration Value will not be applicable and hidden.
- Enter the Number of Courses, you want to include in the subscription.
- If Limited access to all courses or Lifetime access (All courses) was selected then the number of courses will not be applicable and hidden.
- Price (USD): enter the price of the subscription plan.
- Marked-down price (USD): enter the marked-down price if any.
- Subscription Display Order: the order in which you want to display the subscription (1 is the highest order and will be displayed first).
- Subscription Active Status: Set it Active if you want learners to avail it or Inactive if you don’t want learners to buy it.
- Click on the Create Plan button to create a new subscription.