EdX, a popular online learning platform, offers a range of features to enhance the learning experience. One such feature is Badgr, a badge-issuing system that allows instructors to recognize and reward learners for their achievements. In this guide, we'll walk through the steps to enable Badgr and add a badge for your edX course.
Login and enter account credentials
- Sign up or log in at https://badgr.com/
- Go to the issuer tab select badge and copy the issuer slug from the URL.
- Go to the panel frontend → settings → Integrations
- In the Badger Issuer Slug field enter the copied issuer slug
Enter your https://badgr.com/ account email and password in the "Badgr Username and password" fields and click save.
Add a badge for the course
Once the credentials are added, the Add Badgr fields will become visible.
Enter your course key and the mode of your course.
For Badgr Server Slug go to the issuer page of https://badgr.com/
- Click on the badge you want to use
Copy Badgr Server Slug "id": "https://api.badgr.io/public/badges/Badgr-Server-Slug", and enter in the Badgr Server Slug field and save.
- The badger feature will now be activated for that specific course.